- Apple and Disney are about to launch their highly anticipated streaming services.
- Apple TV Plus launches this Friday, November 1, and costs $5 a month. Disney Plus launches on November 12, and costs $7 a month.
- A “standard” subscription to Netflix, meanwhile, costs $13 a month — more than the price of Disney Plus and Apple TV Plus combined.
- The presences of Apple and Disney are going to raise the bar for what people expect out of a subscription streaming service.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
The streaming landscape is going to change drastically in the next couple of weeks.
Right now, the big names in streaming are Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, and HBO. It’s been this way for years now.
But this Friday, Apple joins the fray.
And in about two weeks, Disney, the 800-pound gorilla, will enter the picture.
The competition is about to heat up. Apple and Disney are about to raise the bar for what people expect out of streaming services in terms of quantity, quality, and price.